At the Historic Salem Courthouse Preservation Association (aka Courthouse Community Center), the former courthouse and jail now converted into an active community center. The focus of our preservation association is to restore the building back to its 19th-century design and maintain activities and events for all to enjoy.
Good communicator, team player, prompt and must be able to meet deadlines. Self-starter and task-oriented. Knowledge of Google & Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge in WordPress for website updates. Experience with QuickBooks and using an email marketing system (specifically Constant Contact), understanding how to merge addresses for mass mailing through mail merge in Word and Google. Must be able to write press releases for print and online. Knowledge of Adobe Design Suite is an added bonus.
Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
● Assist in compilation, assimilation, and preparation of documents (specifically thank you notes, press releases, updating the event calendar on our website and in FB, sending out notices via constant contact and details regarding programs)
● Manage Volunteer Database – maintain and update bimonthly. Create a working list of names of people willing to volunteer for certain events, programs and activities. Have a list of volunteers determined prior to each event.
● Receive and screen incoming calls and visitors, determine priority status. Assist with the creation of program documents, sign-up sheets, etc (input pertinent data into our contact database)
● Assist the ED in event planning for all of our events. May require travel to pick up items in preparation for events and fundraisers. Also, participation at events (will be factored into weekly hours)
● Establish and maintain various filing and records management systems- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
Terms of Employment:
15 hrs/week (3 days/week) at a rate of $14.00/hr – Evaluation of work to be performed after 6 weeks of employment. Visual acuity appropriate for computer work and the printed page required. The variety of activities performed may change throughout the year. Reports to the Executive Director.
Candidates need to submit their resume and a cover letter online to firstname.lastname@example.org or send by mail to HSCPA, PO BOX 140, Salem NY 12865